- In 2007, Singapore’s info com industry saw its revenues grow 13.8 per cent to S$51.7 billion. The hardware segment was the largest contributor, at 55 per cent, followed by software (17 per cent) and IT services (12 per cent).
- There are more than 130,000 info-comm industry professionals in Singapore. Of this, more than 80 per cent have at least a tertiary education.
- Singapore is home to more than 80 of the top 100 software and services companies. Many of them, including the top 15 software companies, have regional or Asia Pacific headquarters here
FACTS ABOUT ENGINEERING INDUSTRY-SINGAPORE
- The Engineering Services industry currently accounts for about 1.2 per cent of Singapore’s gross domestic product and employs about 35,000 people.
- Nine of the world’s top 10 Control & Automation companies already have significant operations here, making Singapore the leading process control hub in Asia.
- Singapore hosts a growing number of global engineering design firms. One recent addition is M+W Zander Facility Engineering which established its global HQ in Singapore to better reach out to the Chinese, European and US markets. It is also the first German engineering design company to set up a global HQ here.
FACTS ABOUT LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY-SINGAPORE
- Singapore hosts 21 of the 25 largest third party logistics companies in the world. Most of them have also set up regional headquarters in Singapore. Companies that have established regional distribution centres in Singapore include Hewlett Packard, LVMH, Numonyx, Roche Diagnostics and Schering-Plough.
- Singapore is the world’s busiest port and is the largest transshipment hub. It is also the world’s top bunkering port. Over 200 different shipping lines with daily sailings to every major port in the world call at Singapore.
- Singapore’s Changi Airport is Asia’s fifth largest cargo airport. It is served by 78 airlines with over 4000 flights connecting to more than 180 cities in 59 countries.
- Asia’s leading logistics education and research institute, The Logistics Institute – Asia Pacific, is based in Singapore and has more than 100 alumni. Since 2003,TLI Asia Pacific has been conferred Asia’s Best Education Course Provider for six consecutive years at Cargonews Asia’s annual Asian Freight & Supply Chain awards.